Here’s an absolutely delicious Indian snack that you can enjoy at any time. I just love the sweet, salty and spicy balance in this!
When it comes to the nuts and seeds, use your imagination – you can use peanuts, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, shelled sunflower seeds or any other of your favorite nuts or seeds. You can also use other dried fruit in place of (or in addition of) the raisins.
Spicy Indian Snack Mix recipe – 181 calories
3 cups corn flakes
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup shelled peanuts or mixed nuts of your choice
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoons oil
1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon lime juice
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Wait until they sizzle, then toss in the raisins and nuts, stirring for about a minute.
2. Keep on very low heat and stir in the turmeric powder, chili powder, sugar and salt.
3. Mix in the lime juice (be careful and keep your face averted because the oil will splatter).
4. Gently fold in the corn flakes over low heat for about 3-4 minutes (until they’re well coated with the spice blend). Cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 96
Total fat: 10.8g
Total carbs: 19.8g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Sandi
You might also like these snack recipes:
- Honey-Roasted Raisins and Nuts recipe – 186 calories
- Easy Beef Gyros recipe – 198 calories
- Spicy Egg Salad Sandwiches recipe – 190 calories
- Apple Cheese Bites recipe – 162 calories
- Jicama Chili Sticks recipe – 23 calories