Guasacaca is a traditional Venezuelan avocado salsa that’s served with grilled meats, but it’s also great as a chunky dip for chips and crackers. Unlike guacamole, everything is hand-chopped.
Salsa Guasacaca (Venezuelan Avocado Salsa) recipe – 119 calories
2 avocados, peeled and seeded
1 medium tomato
1/4 cup minced bell pepper (optional)
1 medium onion
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1. Chop all the vegetables by hand.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well together.
3. Chill for at least 3 hours.
4. Serve as a dip for nacho chips or as a salsa with anything.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 89
Total fat: 9.9g
Total carbs: 8.6g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Sylvie
You might also like these salad recipes:
- Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories
- Spinach, Mushroom and Red Onion Salad – 195 calories
- Avocado with Ground Peanut Dressing recipe – 188 calories
- KFC Coleslaw recipe – 94 calories
- Snap Peas and Red Onions recipe – 65 calories