Easy Gingersnaps recipe – 150 calories
1 1/4 cups sugar
8 ounces unsalted butter
2 small eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Cream the butter until soft.
2. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and eggs and beat until fluffy.
4. Add the molasses and beat until well incorporated.
5. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the mixture, mixing on low speed until it all just comes together.
6. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with plastic wrap (so that some hangs over the outsides) and press the dough into the bottom of the pan. Pack it tightly, and try to make the top as level as possible. Cover the dough with the plastic overhangs, take another loaf pan of the same size, and use it to press the dough flat.
7. Freeze overnight (or until very firm). Unwrap and remove the dough from the pan, slicing the brick into thin slices (no more than 1/8″).
8. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 12 minutes (until the edges turn dark brown).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 58
Total fat: 6.5g
Total carbs: 21.8g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: s’kat
You might also like these cookie recipes:
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – 126 calories
- Chocolate Rice Noodle Haystacks recipe – 149 calories
- Cream Cheese Brownies recipe – 170 calories
- Chow Mein Noodles Honey Nut Crunch Bars recipe – 180 calories
- Walnut and Raisin Cookies – 75 calories