Cinnamon-Scented Devil’s Food Cupcakes recipe – 183 calories
1 1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups cups unsweetened cocoa powder
3 1/2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cups freshly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
2 large egg yolks
2 large eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line some muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. In a very large bowl, combine the sugar, buttermilk, coffee, egg yolks, eggs, oil and vanilla; beat well with an electric mixer for about 2-3 minutes (until thoroughly combined).
5. Add in the dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for about 4 minutes (until blended), occasionally scraping the bowl.
6. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins.
8. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (or until puffed).
9. Transfer the cupcakes to wire racks and cool completely before frosting.
Servings: 40 cupcakes
Nutritional information for one cupcake:
Calories from fat: 63
Total fat: 7.1g
Total carbs: 30.4g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Redsie
You might also like these dessert recipes:
- Chocolate Rice Noodle Haystacks recipe – 149 calories
- Cream Cheese Brownies recipe – 170 calories
- Coffee Squares recipe – 134 calories