Potato Salad with Curried Mayo recipe – 194 calories
2 3/4 lbs salad potatoes, halved
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 bunch spring onion
4 sticks celery, thickly sliced
7 oz low-fat plain yogurt
1 tablespoon peanut oil or sunflower oil
1 tablespoon madras curry paste
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds (plus a little more to serve)
salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large pan with salted water and bring to a boil, then add the potatoes.
2. Return to a boil and cook for about 15 minutes (the potatoes should be just tender).
3. Drain in a colander and let cool for about 5-10 minutes.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, trim the roots from the spring onions and slice the white bulb ends. Reserve the green stems.
5. In a deep saucepan, heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop.
6. Add the curry paste and chopped spring onions. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
7. Tip the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
8. Remove the skins from the potatoes (you may also keep the skins, but if you remove them the potatoes will look better and will take on the flavor of the dressing more easily).
9. Chop the green spring onion stems and add to the dressing along with the celery and potatoes; carefully fold everything together until evenly coated. Place in the refrigerator until one hour before ready to serve.
10. Remove the potatoes from the fridge about an hour before serving. Pile the salad into a serving bowl and scatter over a few mustard seeds and a few chopped spring onion stems (optional). Serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 42
Total fat: 4.8g
Total carbs: 34.6g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Sandi
You might also like these salad recipes:
- Avocado with Ground Peanut Dressing recipe – 188 calories
- KFC Coleslaw recipe – 94 calories
- Snap Peas and Red Onions recipe – 65 calories