Vegetarian Black Bean Soup recipe – 169 calories
2 cups dried black beans
14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups diced carrots
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped red bell peppers
2 cups chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
2 cups chopped celery
3 bay leaves
10 cups water
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Soak the beans overnight; drain.
2. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
3. Add in the red peppers, garlic, carrots, onion, celery and celery leaves.
4. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes (until the vegetables start to soften).
5. Add the water, canned tomatoes, bay leaves, oregano, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil, then add the drained black beans.
7. Bring to a boil again and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 hours (or until the black beans are tender).
8. Discard the bay leaves and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 26
Total fat: 3g
Total carbs: 29.4g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: NcMysteryShopper
You might also like these soup recipes:
- Crock Pot Shrimp Creole Soup recipe – 159 calories
- Spicy Chicken Rice Soup recipe – 193 calories
- Chilled Avocado and Cucumber Soup recipe – 134 calories