New Potato and Green Bean Stew recipe – 184 calories
1-1 1/2 lb new potatoes (if not in season, use 3 large baking potatoes)
1-1 1/2 lb fresh green beans, washed and snapped
1 ham steak, fat removed and cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 onion, diced
1 quart low sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup water (optional)
2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
1. Clean and cut up all the ingredients, and place them in a soup pot.
2. Add the chicken stock and enough water to cover the vegetables (so there’s about an inch of fluid above the vegetables).
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Turn the heat down to low and simmer until the green beans are tender.
5. If the stew gets too dry, add a little more broth or water. If you want a thicker consistency, add the cornstarch/water mixture.
6. Serve with cornbread.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 20
Total fat: 2.3g
Total carbs: 32.3g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: ms_bold
You might also like these main dish recipes:
- Greek Shrimp recipe – 121 calories
- Jalapeno-Lime Chicken recipe – 162 calories
- Lentil Chili recipe – 155 calories