Spinach, Mushroom and Red Onion Salad – 195 calories
12 ounces pre-washed baby spinach
6 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
6 ounces sliced white mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoons honey or sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium bowl, combine the honey, orange juice and lemon juice.
2. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until well combined; season with tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, spinach, onions and mandarin orange segments.
4. Toss the salad with enough dressing to coat lightly.
5. Garnish with toasted pine nuts and dried cranberries.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 150
Total fat: 16.7g
Total carbs: 11.4g
WW points: 5
Photo credit: NcMysteryShopper
You might also like these salad recipes:
- Avocado with Ground Peanut Dressing recipe – 188 calories
- KFC Coleslaw recipe – 94 calories
- Snap Peas and Red Onions recipe – 65 calories