Easy Beef Gyros recipe – 198 calories
1 lb lean ground beef
8 small pita pocket bread (4-inch diameter) , cut in half, warmed
4 plum tomatoes, cut into thin slices
2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
1/3 cup cucumber, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef with the seasoning ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
4. Divide the beef mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into 2-inches diameter patties.
5. Place the patties on a rack in the broiler pan.
6. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes (or until no longer pink) or on the grill over medium heat.
7. To serve, place equal amounts of beef and tomato slices in each pita bread half, and top with the yogurt sauce.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 57
Total fat: 6.4g
Total carbs: 19g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Wildflour
You might also like these beef recipes:
- Vietnamese Meatballs recipe – 85 calories
- Delicious Beef Meatballs recipe – 171 calories
- Bulgarian Ground Meat Sandwiches recipe – 177 calories