Crunchy Spiced Sweet Potatoes recipe – 151 calories
21 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 green chilies, seeded and very finely diced
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1. Place the potatoes in a large pan and boil in salted water for about 3-4 minutes (or until almost cooked, but still a little firm in the middle). Drain well and leave to cool.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the potatoes and fry over a medium heat, turning from time to time, for about 5 minutes (until light golden brown).
3. Sprinkle the diced chili and cumin seeds over the potatoes and continue to fry for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in the cayenne, ground cumin and turmeric. Fry the potatoes for another 5 minutes, tossing and turning them until they get a nice spicy crust.
5. Before serving, season with garam masala.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 63
Total fat: 7g
Total carbs: 21.2g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: kiwidutch
You might also like these Indian recipes:
- Indian Kachumbar Vegetable Salad recipe – 56 calories
- Sweet Potato Curry recipe – 172 calories
- Mango Lassi (Indian Beverage) recipe – 180 calories