This is a delicious soup that’s very easy to make – you can put it on the table in less than half an hour. It’s a great soup for a chilly night… just try it!
Spicy Chicken Rice Soup recipe – 193 calories
2 (6 ounce) packages Southwestern chicken strips (diced and fully cooked)
3 cups cooked rice
3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn (undrained)
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (undrained)
1 (16 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups salsa
2 tablespoons minced cilantro (fresh or dried)
additional minced cilantro (fresh or dried)
additional chopped green onion
coarsely crushed tortilla chips
shredded 4-cheese Mexican blend cheese
1. In a large pot, combine all the 9 soup ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes (or until heated through).
4. Garnish with your preferred topping (optional).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 22
Total fat: 2.5g
Total carbs: 30.3g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Bayhill
You might also like these chicken recipes:
- Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe – 188 calories
- Oven Fried Chicken recipe – 178 calories
- Grilled Caribbean Chicken Breasts recipe – 172 calories