This is a very easy, fast and tasty recipe – the feta cheese adds a creamy taste to the dish and the sauce is absolutely delicious!
Greek Shrimp recipe – 121 calories
16 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
16 small black Greek olives
3 tablespoons feta cheese, freshly grated
1 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon dried tarragon or dried sweet basil leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup scallion, chopped
salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a heavy 8-inch saucepan, quickly saute the garlic in olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the shrimp and tarragon.
3. Cook, covered, for about 4-5 minutes, tossing once.
4. Add the white wine and cook, uncovered, for a few seconds before adding the olives, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
5. Cook for a few more minutes to soften the tomatoes, then mix in the feta cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spoon onto 4 warmed ramekins. Sprinkle with scallions and serve with sourdough bread or brown rice.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 59
Total fat: 6.6g
Total carbs: 5.6g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Fairy Nuff
You might also like these seafood recipes:
- Thai Spicy Shrimp Salad recipe – 169 calories
- Cornmeal Fried Oysters recipe – 116 calories
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe – 124 calories