This is a great recipe for mushroom lovers – it’s very simple and tasty. It’s a great side dish for any grilled or barbecued meats, but it can also be eaten as a delicious stand-alone vegetarian dish.
Mushrooms with Wine and Coriander recipe – 143 calories
1 lb large white mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
3-5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1-1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
salt (to taste)
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. Place the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
2. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for about 3 minutes (until the mushrooms appear to be cooked and glazed).
3. Add the white wine and coriander seeds. Stir and continue to cook for about 5 minutes (until most of the liquid has evaporated).
3. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Adjust to suit your taste. Stir and mix once more.
4. Serve garnished with fresh parsley (optional).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 96
Total fat: 10.7g
Total carbs: 5.5g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Fairy Nuff
You might also like these side dish recipes:
- Snap Peas and Red Onions recipe – 65 calories
- Basil and Tomato Salad recipe – 53 calories
- Collard Greens Salad recipe – 85 calories