I got a few emails asking me for the KFC coleslaw recipe. While I don’t know their exact secret recipe, I found this copycat that tastes just like the original! For even less calories, use Splenda instead of sugar. Enjoy!
KFC Coleslaw recipe – 94 calories
1 head (about 8 cups) finely diced cabbage
1/4 cup finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons minced onions
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1. Finely dice the cabbage and carrots (preferably using a food processor).
2. Place the shredded cabbage and carrot in a large bowl and stir in the minced onions.
3. Using the regular blade of your food processor, process the remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture and mix well.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight before serving.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 38
Total fat: 4.3g
Total carbs: 14g
WW points: 2
Photo credit: Sandi
You might also like these salad recipes:
- Collard Greens Salad recipe – 85 calories
- Avocado Mandarin Salad recipe – 136 calories
- Turkish Salad recipe – 41 calories