This has got to be my favorite muffin recipe… These mildly sweet and moist muffins are light, full of blueberries and absolutely delicious!
Delicious Blueberry Muffins recipe – 166 calories
2 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temperature
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffin cups).
3. In a bowl, mix the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy and pale.
4. Add the eggs (one at a time, beating well after each).
5. Beat in the baking powder, salt and vanilla.
6. Using a spoon, fold in half of the flour, then half of the milk into batter; repeat with the other halves.
7. Fold in the blueberries.
8. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and sprinkle the topping onto each muffin.
9. Bake for about 20-30 minutes (until golden brown and springy to touch).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 55
Total fat: 6.1g
Total carbs: 25.9g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: nerissa’s ring