These are some very tasty and filling muffins that you can prepare ahead and then just heat in the microwave before serving. If you like spicy foods, you can add some chopped green chili peppers to the mixture.
Sausage Breakfast Muffins recipe – 191 calories
2 lbs bulk breakfast sausage or Chorizo sausage
3 cups shredded cheese
4 cups Bisquick
2 cups cornmeal
3 1/2 cups milk
1. Line muffin tins with paper liners, and set aside.
2. Fry, crumble and drain the sausage.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Mix together the cornmeal, Bisquick, milk and eggs.
5. Add the shredded cheese and the drained sausage, stirring well.
6. Ladle the filling into the prepared muffin tins, filling almost to top.
7. Bake for about 13-17 minutes.
8. Allow to cool completely.
9. Store in the freezer in a large airtight container, or place each muffin in a sandwich bag, then placing a dozen in a large ziploc bag. When ready to serve, microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 107
Total fat: 12g
Total carbs: 12.1g
WW points: 5
Photo credit: Pam-I-Am