This delicious sauce is great served on any pasta. It is easy to prepare and has a wonderful creamy taste.
Spinach and Ricotta Cheese Pasta Sauce recipe – 125 calories
500 g fresh spinach, chopped
120 g ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon olive oil
15 g pine nuts, toasted
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
1 teaspoon vegetable stock, powdered (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion on low heat until soft (but not browned).
2. Add the spinach, thyme and garlic (if using).
3. Continue to cook on low heat for about 2-3 minutes (until the spinach leaves have wilted).
4. Add the ricotta cheese and mix, using a wooden spoon, until it forms a smooth sauce.
5. Season with nutmeg, salt, freshly ground pepper and powdered vegetable stock (optional) to taste.
6. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve immediately on your favourite pasta.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 73
Total fat: 8.2g
Total carbs: 7.9g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Sylvie