Here’s a very simple and easy to make chocolate chip cake with real coffee. It’s crispy on the outside and has a cake-like texture on the inside. I love to eat these squares warm, with a glass of cold milk.
Coffee Squares recipe – 134 calories
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup warm coffee
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar.
3. Add the egg and mix, then blend in the rest of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips).
4. Spread into a greased 9×13″ baking pan.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
7. Let cool on a wire rack, then cut into squares.
Servings: 24 squares
Nutritional information for one square:
Calories from fat: 46
Total fat: 5.1g
Total carbs: 21.6g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Margaret Johnson
Tags: coffee squares