Collard Greens Salad recipe – 85 calories

Collard Greens Salad recipe - 85 calories

A simple and delicious dish that’s really satisfying when you’re craving greens!

Collard Greens Salad recipe – 85 calories

Ingredients:
2 bunches collard greens
4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small or medium onion
salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation:
1. Fill a large bowl with cold tap water.
2. Soak the collard greens in water, take them out and then rinse them well.
3. Repeat this process a few times (until no dirt remains at the bottom of the bowl after washing).
4. Rip the thick stem from the center of the greens, by folding the greens in half with the stem sticking straight up, and then ripping down and towards you.
5. Chop the onions and fry them for a few minutes over medium heat in a deep frying pan.
6. In the meantime, chop or tear the collard greens into pieces.
7. Add the greens to the onions, then add the chopped garlic and salt and pepper (to taste) on top of them.
8. Cover and reduce the heat to low.
9. Steam for a few minutes, stirring frequently and covering between stirrings.

Servings: 4

Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories: 85
Calories from fat: 9
Total fat: 1.1g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Total carbs: 16.8g
Fiber: 8.3g
Protein: 6.4g
WW points: 1

Photo credit: Bergy

9 Comments

1. I think I’ll try this one. Looks tasty.

2. It looks so delicious and yummy. I have never heard of this before nor have i tried.. i will see if the ingredients are available in out market in here.

3. I do love greenies..all of them actually from lettuce to cabbage and you name the rest, ijust eat them all… and i love their tastes! This recipe you president must be worth trying..

4. I just wonder how you can measure the calories? I mean, you labeled it as 85 calorie food…but how did you know it?

On a Diet Reply:

To find out how many calories a recipe has, I calculate the calories for each of the ingredients (using various free online tools like FitDay, CalorieKing or CaloriesPerHour), then add the calories for all the ingredients and divide the result by the number of servings.

5. i never actually cooked with collard greens thanks for introducing me to all these great ideas.

6. Pingback: KFC Coleslaw recipe - 94 calories

7. Looks delicious! I am trying a raw diet now but I’ll have to give this a try later. Thanks for sharing!

8. Anonymous says:

I dont think your calorie amount is correct, you fried all he ingredients and didnt even include the oil as an ingredient… lots of wastful calories go to oil. I mean look at how oily your dish looks!