A simple and delicious dish that’s really satisfying when you’re craving greens!
Collard Greens Salad recipe – 85 calories
2 bunches collard greens
4-6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small or medium onion
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large bowl with cold tap water.
2. Soak the collard greens in water, take them out and then rinse them well.
3. Repeat this process a few times (until no dirt remains at the bottom of the bowl after washing).
4. Rip the thick stem from the center of the greens, by folding the greens in half with the stem sticking straight up, and then ripping down and towards you.
5. Chop the onions and fry them for a few minutes over medium heat in a deep frying pan.
6. In the meantime, chop or tear the collard greens into pieces.
7. Add the greens to the onions, then add the chopped garlic and salt and pepper (to taste) on top of them.
8. Cover and reduce the heat to low.
9. Steam for a few minutes, stirring frequently and covering between stirrings.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 9
Total fat: 1.1g
Total carbs: 16.8g
WW points: 1
Photo credit: Bergy
Tags: collard green salad, collard green salad recipe, collard greens, collard greens salad, collard greens salad recipe, www gotdiet com