Jalapeno-Lime Chicken recipe – 162 calories
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
sliced black olives, for garnish (optional)
1 sliced jalapeno pepper, for garnish (optional)
1. Combine the diced jalapeno pepper, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, salt and pepper in a resealable plastic bag.
2. Place the chicken in the bag and press to remove the excess air; seal tightly.
3. Turn the bag over several times in order to coat the chicken with the marinade mixture.
4. Chill for at least 30 minutes (or overnight).
5. Preheat the grill or oven broiler to medium-high heat.
6. Place the chicken on the grill or in the broiler pan.
7. Cook for about 12-15 minutes (or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear when pierced with a fork), turning twice to get grill marks.
8. Garnish with black olives and jalapeno slices if desired.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 44
Total fat: 5g
Total carbs: 1.6g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: PaulaG
Tags: CHICKEN RECIPE, jalapeño chicken, lime chicken