Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins recipe – 184 calories
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
3. Sift together the flour and baking soda.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, buttermilk, honey and oil until creamy
5. Stir in the blueberries to the mixture.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7. Fold together with a rubber spatula until the batter is moist, yet remains slightly lumpy.
8. Pour into muffin cups and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
Servings: 12 muffins
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 60
Total fat: 6.7g
Total carbs: 29.2g
WW points: 4