Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe – 188 calories
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus extra to garnish
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons black peppercorns, coarsely ground
2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
2 limes, juice only
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1. Make a marinade using the lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sunflower oil, garlic, ground peppercorns, sugar and cilantro.
2. Blend well.
3. Place the chicken breasts with the marinade in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag, coating them well.
4. Leave the chicken breasts to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (but no more than 2), turning them from time to time.
5. Preheat a heavy non-stick frying pan or ridged griddle pan and cook the chicken for about 7-8 minutes on each side (until the chicken is cooked through).
6. Serve hot or cold, garnished with cilantro leaves.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 44
Total fat: 5g
Total carbs: 7.5g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: PaulaG