Mexican Cashews recipe – 85 calories
2 1/2 cups cashews
1 egg white
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
vegetable oil cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with some vegetable oil cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whip the egg white with a few drops of water until frothy.
4. Add the cashew nuts to the egg white and toss to mix.
5. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cashews to a clean large bowl.
6. In a small bowl, mix the spices together and then sprinkle on top of the cashews; toss to coat.
7. Spread the cashew mixture in one layer on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 25-35 minutes (or until the cashews are crisp and browned), shaking or stirring once to make sure they toast evenly.
9. Transfer the cashews to another cool flat surface to cool and crisp.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 60
Total fat: 6.7g
Total carbs: 5.2g
WW points: 2
Photo credit: Sylvie