Strawberry Muffins recipe – 163 calories
12 strawberries, sliced
7 tablespoons sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup milk, plus
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Stir in the beaten egg, milk and butter (the batter will not be smooth).
4. Spoon the batter into buttered muffin tins (or cupcake paper lined tins), filling each cup about 2/3 full.
5. Press strawberry slices into batter, pointed side up.
6. Sprinkle each muffin with 1 teaspoon sugar.
7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes (or until golden brown).
Servings: 12 muffins
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 47
Total fat: 5.3g
Total carbs: 25.4g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Pamela
Tags: low calorie strawberry muffins, muffin recipes, muffins recipe, muffins recipes, muffins recipes with pictures, strawberry muffin, strawberry muffins, strawberry recipes