Grilled Garlic Cheese Grits recipe – 144 calories
1 cup uncooked grits
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1-2 clove garlic, minced
4 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring the water to a boil.
2. Slowly add the grits and salt, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 40-45 minutes (or until thickened), stirring occasionally.
4. Add the garlic and cheese; stir until the cheese is melted.
5. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; cover and refrigerate for about 2 – 2 1/2 hours (or until firm).
6. Before starting the grill, coat the grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
7. Cut the grits into 3-inch squares; brush both sides with olive oil.
8. Grill, covered, over medium heat for about 4-6 minutes on each side (or until lightly browned).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 59
Total fat: 6.6g
Total carbs: 15.8g
WW points: 3
Photo credit: Hey Jude