Pineapple Salsa recipe – 85 calories
1 (500 ml) can pineapple chunks, drained or 1/2 pineapple, peeled
1 red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
1/2 red onion
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Chop the pineapple into small pieces to measure a total of 2 cups.
2. Core and seed the red pepper, then chop into small pieces (the same size as the pineapple pieces).
3. Finely chop the onion and coriander/cilantro.
4. Place all in a bowl.
5. Stir in the olive oil, lime juice and salt.
6. Refrigerate or serve right away (goes great with burgers, chicken, steaks or pork).
Servings: 3 cups
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 29
Total fat: 3.3g
Total carbs: 15.1g
WW points: 2
Photo credit: Rita