Marinated Daikon and Carrot Salad recipe – 48 calories
350 g daikon radishes or white radishes
350 g carrots
4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dashi powder, dissolved in
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon hot water
salt, to taste
1. Cut the daikon and carrots into very thin strips.
2. Sprinkle the vegetables with the half teaspoon of salt and allow to stand in a colander for about 10-15 minutes (or until limp).
3. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl.
4. Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the vegetables.
5. Add more salt if needed (according to your taste).
6. Serve immediately or marinate in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for about 24 hours (this will improve the taste).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 2
Total fat: 0.2g
Total carbs: 10.9g
WW points: 0
Photo credit: JustJanS