Jicama Salad recipe – 116 calories
1 jicama (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs)
a few green leaf lettuce leaves (to dress the edges of the bowl)
1 small cucumber, unpeeled
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup red onion, slivered
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
3 tablespoons lite olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried chili
1. Pare the jicama; cut lengthwise into 8 wedges, then cut the wedges crosswise into 1/8″ slices.
2. Cut the cucumber lengthwise and scoop out the seeds; cut the halves crosswise into 1/8″ slices.
3. In a large bowl, combine the jicama, cucumber and onion.
4. Toss lightly.
5. In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, garlic, lime rind, salt and dried chili.
6. Gradually add the olive oil, whisking continually until thoroughly blended.
7. Pour the dressing over the jicama mixture; toss lightly to coat the salad evenly.
8. Refrigerate for about 1-2 hours, covered, to blend the flavors.
9. Just before serving, line a shallow salad bowl with lettuce leaves and spoon the salad on top.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 62
Total fat: 6.9g
Total carbs: 13.5g
WW points: 2