Chocolate-Peanut Butter Truffles recipe – 101 calories
12 ounces best-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, cream and butter; heat over moderate heat, stirring, until the chocolate is completely melted.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
3. Transfer to a bowl and chill for about 4 hours (or until firm).
4. Form mixture by heaping teaspoons into balls and roll lightly in the chopped peanuts.
5. Chill on a baking sheet lined with wax paper for about 1 hour (or until firm).
6. Store in an airtight container, chilled, for up to 2 weeks.
Servings: 40 truffles
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 72
Total fat: 8.1g
Total carbs: 7.1g
WW points: 2
Photo credit: canarygirl