Green Beans and Basil Salad recipe – 150 calories
1 1/2 lbs green beans, topped, tailed and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Steam the green beans for about 10 minutes (until tender); set aside in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic and seasonings.
3. Pour the dressing over the green beans.
4. Add the scallions and toss gently.
5. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 122
Total fat: 13.6g
Total carbs: 6.5g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Missy Wombat