Nutty Green Beans recipe – 172 calories
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
4 tablespoons walnuts or pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons lite olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
lemon wedges (for garnish)
1. In a large non-stick skillet, bring an inch of water to a boil.
2. Add the green beans and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes (until the beans are still crisp).
3. Drain the green beans.
4. Place the beans on a serving platter and keep warm.
5. Add the olive oil, vinegar and pepper to the skillet.
6. When this mixture is sizzling, stir in the nuts.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the beans.
8. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 134
Total fat: 15g
Total carbs: 9.2g
WW points: 4
Photo credit: Derf