Mozzarella Bites recipe – 90 calories
6 ounces buffalo mozzarella
24 small cherry tomatoes
24 basil leaves
24 (5 inch) bamboo skewers
For the vinaigrette
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
2. Cut cut the mozzarella cheese into 24 1/2 inch cubes.
3. To assemble, slide a cherry tomato onto a skewer, followed by a basil leaf folded in half and a cheese cube.
4. Repeat with the remaining skewers.
5. Arrange the skewers on a serving platter and sprinkle with the vinaigrette.
6. Cover and let sit at room temperature for up to 2 hours before serving.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 59
Total fat: 6.6g
Total carbs: 2.8g
Photo credit: PanNan