Grilled Vietnamese Chicken recipe – 199 calories
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons black pepper (or red pepper flakes)
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1. Heat the grill.
2. Place all the ingredients (except the chicken) in a shallow glass baking dish and stir them together.
3. Make a few shallow slits across the chicken breast, going a little deeper in the thick end.
4. Make a few shallow slits longways, resulting in a slight diamond pattern in the meat.
5. Place the chicken in the marinade, making sure some gets into the slits.
6. Leave the chicken to marinate for about 10-15 minutes to pick up the flavor.
7. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes (until no longer pink), turning once during cooking.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 44
Total fat: 4.9g
Total carbs: 9.9g
Photo credit: riffraff