Greek Thiples (Honey Rolls) recipe – 66 calories
3 1/2-4 cups bread flour
2 packages active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup hot water
2 tablespoons oil
1. Using an electric mixer, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast and salt, blending well.
2. Separate one egg; set the egg white aside.
3. Add the egg yolk and the remaining egg, honey, oil and hot water to the flour mixture.
4. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes.
5. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and a damp towel.
7. Let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
8. Punch down; let rest for 5 minutes.
9. Divide evenly; shape into 16 balls.
10. Arrange the balls in a greased 9-inch layer cake pan.
11. Lightly beat the reserved egg white and brush over the rolls.
12. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
13. Cover and let rise for about 15 minutes.
14. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 22 minutes (until golden brown).
15. Serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 23
Total fat: 2.6g
Total carbs: 23.4g
Photo credit: Nimz