Swedish Spice Cookies recipe – 124 calories
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Have an ungreased baking sheet ready.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices; set aside.
4. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar on high speed for about 1 minute (until light).
5. Add the molasses and egg; mix well.
6. Stop the mixer and add the flour mixture.
7. Mix just until combined.
8. Roll the dough into balls, using about 1 1/2 teaspoons dough for each.
9. Roll in the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar so that the balls are fully coated.
10. Arrange the balls on a baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
11. If you prefer thin, crisp cookies, flatten them with a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
12. Bake the cookies for about 9-10 minutes (until set).
13. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 43
Total fat: 4.9g
Total carbs: 19.4g
Photo credit: Charmie777