Grilled Shrimp Skewers recipe – 124 calories
24 large shrimp
2 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoon ginger root, freshly grated
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1/4 cup peanut oil, plus extra for drizzling
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Soak 8 4-inch wooden skewers in cold water for about 1 hour.
2. Thread the shrimp onto each skewer so that the it lies flat.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut oil, lime juice, white wine vinegar, garlic and ginger.
4. Place the shrimp skewers onto a plate and drizzle with peanut oil to lightly coat.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Heat the grill and grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side (or until just cooked through).
7. Place the shrimp on a platter, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 93
Total fat: 10.4g
Total carbs: 2.5g