Cauliflower Soup recipe – 127 calories
1 medium head cauliflower, separated into florets
1 cup half-and-half cream
1 medium onion, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and onions; heat back to boiling then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes (until tender); do not drain.
2. Pour everything into a blender container (in more batches if necessary) and blend on high speed until smooth.
3. In a large saucepan, heat the butter until melted.
4. Stir in the flour; cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
5. Stir in 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil and stir for one minute.
6. Stir in the cauliflower mixture, chicken bouillon, celery salt, salt and pepper; heat just to boiling.
7. Stir in the half and half cream; heat just until hot, do not reboil.
8. Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 77
Total fat: 8.6g
Total carbs: 10.7g
Tags: calories in cauliflower soup, cauliflower soup calories, cauliflower soup diet, DIET CAULIFLOWER SOUP, how many calories in cauliflower soup