Blueberry Sauce recipe – 162 calories
2 1/4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup unsweetened orange juice
3/4 cup sugar (or less sugar if you don’t want the sauce that sweet)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, orange juice, sugar and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, gently stirring.
2. In a small cup or bowl mix, the cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water until combined. Add to the simmering mixture; stir gently, careful not to mash the blueberries.
3. Simmer on low heat for about 3-4 minutes (until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon).
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the cinnamon and almond extract.
5. If the sauce is too thick, thin it with a little water.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 2
Total fat: 0.3g
Total carbs: 40.9g