Oven-Roasted Green Beans recipe – 55 calories
3/4 lb fresh green beans, boiled to crisp-tender
2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
1 small onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
salt (to taste)
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Spread the green beans in one layer across a large baking dish or baking sheet
2. Scatter the garlic and onions over the beans.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar; toss to coat evenly.
4. Bake at 450° F for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss the beans again, then return to the oven and continue baking for another 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 21
Total fat: 2.4g
Total carbs: 8.3g
Photo credit: Deb’s Recipes