Greek Feta Dip (Tirokafteri) recipe – 181 calories
500 g feta cheese
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 spicy hot pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Place the feta cheese in a bowl with water, let it stand for about 1 hour.
2. Drain the feta cheese and cut into cubes.
3. Grill or fry the hot pepper, remove the seeds and cut into pieces.
4. Put the feta cubes in a food processor, add the pepper pieces and process.
5. Gradually add the olive oil and vinegar, and in the end the oregano.
6. The cheese spread can be kept in a covered bowl in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 144
Total fat: 16.1g
Total carbs: 2.5g
Photo credit: Sylvie
Tags: greek feta dip, spicy feta dip, spicy feta dip recipe, tirokafteri, tirokafteri recipe