Chocolate Walnut Bars recipe – 197 calories
For the crust
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cold butter, (cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
For the filling
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
3. To make the crust: in a food processor, mix the flour, sugar and salt for about 4-5 seconds (until combined).
4. Add in the butter and process until crumbly.
5. Press into the bottom of the the baking dish.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes (or until lightly browned).
7. To make the filling: in a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla until well combined.
8. Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
9. Pour over the crust.
10. Bake for about 25-30 minutes (or until set).
Servings: 35 bars
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 97
Total fat: 10.9g
Total carbs: 25.1g
Photo credit: Redsie