Grilled Caribbean Chicken Breasts recipe – 172 calories
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 garlic clove, minced
1 scallion, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4-1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
1 teaspoon grated ginger root
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In large a shallow bowl or resealable bag, mix together orange juice, lime juice, orange zest, olive oil, garlic, hot pepper sauc, ginger, scallion and oregano.
2. Add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place on a prepared grill about 6 inches from heat (the chicken may also be cooked on an indoor grill or broiled, if desired).
5. Grill, turning, for about 10 minutes (or until a fork can be inserted into the chicken with ease). (If using an indoor grill, reduce the time to about 5-6 minutes.)
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 44
Total fat: 4.9g
Total carbs: 3g