Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup recipe – 119 calories
4 cups ripe tomatoes (approximately 5 large tomatoes), peeled, seeded and chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
1/2-1 cup light cream
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh basil or fresh dill, chopped (optional)
salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Place all the ingredients (except the cream and basil or dill, if using) in a large saucepan.
2. Simmer for about 30 minutes (or until the vegetables are soft).
3. Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetable mixture to your preferred smoothness.
4. Add the light cream (1/2 cup or up to 1 cup, to taste and depending on the flavor of the tomatoes).
5. Heat the soup gently over low heat.
6. Before serving, stir in some fresh herbs (if using), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the soup hot or chilled.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 61
Total fat: 6.9g
Total carbs: 10.9g
Photo credit: luisvilla
Tags: calories in cream of tomato soup, cream of tomato soup calories, how many calories in cream of tomato soup