Ham and Swiss Cheese Pinwheels recipe – 54 calories
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner roll
2 tablespoons Swiss cheese, grated
8 ounces ham steak, small diced
1/4 cup cream cheese, spreadable light type
2 tablespoons no-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
1 teaspoon grainy mustard
1/2 teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unroll the crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface; pinch together the perforations.
3. Roll the dough to about 12×12 inch square.
4. Stir together the rest of the ingredients until well blended; taste and add more mustard and hot sauce if desired.
5. Spread the filling mixture over the rolled out dough, leaving half an inch clear on all sides. Roll the dough with filling, jelly roll style, tucking in the sides and sealing the end with a little water.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
7. Cut into half inch slices (or thicker if you wish). Place an inch apart on a veggie sprayed non-stick baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes (or until golden). Serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 20
Total fat: 2.2g
Total carbs: 5.3g
Photo credit: Derf