Vegetable Soup with Chicken recipe – 104 calories
1 chicken thighs, on bone
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
3 medium potatoes
1 large sweet potato
1 head cauliflower
2 large carrot
1 cup butternut squash
2 large celery rib
1 large turnip
1 1/2 cups rutabaga
1 parsnip (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut up all the vegetables into large or small chunks (as desired).
2. Cut up the chicken into small pieces (you can leave the chicken meat on the bone, as it will add even more flavor).
3. Place everything in a large pot and cover completely with water.
4. Add the seasoning.
5. Let it come to a boil, and then let it simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
6. This soup can also be easily refrigerated and then reheated.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 13
Total fat: 1.5g
Total carbs: 19.8g
Photo credit: Parsley