Diabetic Mock Sour Cream Raisin Pie recipe – 199 calories
3/4 cup raisins
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 cup skim milk
1 (8 ounce) package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1 pastry shells, baked
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1. In a saucepan, combine the yogurt and milk. Add the pudding mix.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens.
3. Stir in the allspice. Add the raisins and mix well.
4. Let cool for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour into pastry shell and chill for at least 2 hours.
6. To prevent the pie shell from shrinking as it bakes, put the rolled pastry on a pie plate, then place an empty pie plate inside it. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the empty plate and continue baking until crust is brown.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 72
Total fat: 8g
Total carbs: 27.9g
Photo credit: BestTeenChef