Curried Cauliflower recipe – 93 calories
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 fresh tomato, peeled & chopped
2 teaspoons lite olive oil
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
salt (to taste)
1. Steam the cauliflower for about 5 minutes, reserve 1/2 cup of the water.
2. Put the oil in a saucepan; add the garlic and onion, and saute until soft.
3. Stir in the curry, ginger and salt.
4. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the cauliflower and the reserved 1/2 cup of water.
6. Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes (or longer if you want the vegetables well done).
7. Remove the cover to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
8. Serve hot.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 43
Total fat: 4.8g
Total carbs: 11.9g
Photo credit: phopot