Japanese Meat and Potato Korokke (Croquettes) recipe – 173 calories
1 lb potatoes
1/4 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
vegetable oil (for frying)
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper (to taste)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into medium chunks.
2. Boil the potatoes until soft. Mash the potatoes and set aside.
3. Mince the onion and saute in a frying pan.
4. Add the ground beef in the pan and saute.
5. In a bowl, mix the mashed potatoes, beef and onion; season with salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Make flat and oval-shaped pieces (about 3″ in diameter and 3/4″ thick); coat each piece with flour.
7. Dip them in the beaten egg; coat with panko. Fry in 350 degrees F oil until brown.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 50
Total fat: 5.6g
Total carbs: 21.5g