Zucchini Frittata recipe – 167 calories
6 large eggs
8 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini (about three pounds)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 teaspoon butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pinch cayenne or hot pepper sauce
1. Place the shredded zucchini in a towel or several layers of cheese cloth; gather the ends and twist hard, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
2. In a large oven proof skillet, heat the oil and butter, and saute the garlic and onion for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the zucchini and cook the vegetables over moderately low heat, stirring often, until the zucchini is just tender. Pour off any liquid that collects in the pan.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, seasonings, and 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
5. Add to the zucchini mixture and cook, stirring often, until the eggs begin to set.
6. Sprinkle the frittata with the remainder Parmesan cheese and place the pan under the broiler or in a very hot oven until the top of the frittata is lightly browned (keep a close watch so it doesn’t burn).
7. Let stand for a few minutes before slicing into wedges.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 96
Total fat: 10.8g
Total carbs: 7.3g
Tags: frittata calories, how many calories in a frittata, how many calories in frittata, low calorie frittata recipe, zucchini calories