Potato Cups with Marinated Cucumber Slices recipe – 55 calories
2 cups shredded potatoes
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons onion, minced
freshly cracked peppercorn
freshly grated nutmeg
butter, to grease the muffin tins
parsley (to garnish)
Marinated cucumber slices
1 English cucumber
1/2 teaspoon fresh mint, minced
1 dash cayenne
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together the potatoes, Parmesan cheese, onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
3. Generously butter 6 muffin tins, 2-1/2″ size. Press the potato mixture evenly into the muffin cups.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes (or until the edges are well browned).
5. Remove from the oven to a rack to cool slightly. Loosen and invert the potato cups onto a plate.
6. To prepare the marinated cucumber slices: While the potatoes are baking, notch the edges of the cucumber with the tines of a fork. Using a mandoline, slice approximately 7 to 8 slices per serving.
7. Mix together the vinegar, mint, cayenne and sugar; marinate the cucumber slices in this mixture for about 30 minutes.
8. Overlap the marinated cucumber slices in a circle off to the side on each plate. Place the inverted potato cup on top, add a sprig of parsley and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
Calories from fat: 9
Total fat: 1g
Total carbs: 9.6g
Photo credit: Chef floWer